1.8K views

Are companies penalized for fraud? I sure wish this dealership was. My husband and I were shopping for a new vehicle on 01/01/14, and decided to go see Clay. We were considering a VERSA, and were "talked" into what we thought could be a good deal. We went to the finance dept. and signed paperwork for the warranty on the vehicle. The finance rep. told us that their computers were down and that we'd have to come in the next day to finish the paperwork - he couldn't even print the paperwork we needed to sign to complete the deal . He handed my husband a signature pad and told him to sign it. (We take the blame for that, we should have asked what that was about. We just assumed it had something to do with our trade-in since that's what we were discussing at the time.)

Anyway, long story short, we later learned that this electronic signature was used in place of any document they deemed necessary for the sale of the vehicle. So, when we called back on 01/03/14, to tell them we'd decided not to purchase the VERSA, the finance rep. said that was fine because their computers were still down. So we thought that was the end of it.

Can you imagine our surprise when we drove up to our house that evening and saw a VERSA parked in our driveway that we'd never signed for? The car wasn't even available for us to test drive when we were at the dealership, b/c they hadn't put any oil or gas in it yet. The door to this vehicle was unlocked with the keys inside. We had ABSOLUTELY NO PAPERWORK ON THIS VEHICLE!

We made a lot of phone calls for days, and no one would talk to us. The only thing they told us was to call the financing company -- and that would have been fine, if we knew who the H*** financed the car (NO PAPERWORK!!). Less than 2 wks. later, (and no the car was not still parked in my driveway for that long; we parked it at the dealership and tried to give them the keys, but they wouldn't take them) we received a bill. WOW, we finally have some paperwork. We called the Nissan Corp. and finally someone listened to what happened to us. We were told that we'd receive a fraud package in the mail, along with the electronic contract.

Well guess what?? Someone from Clay Clueless decided to give us a call soon after. This "human" said that they were going tear up the contract, and could we please give him a score of 10 when we received the customer review. I'm confused again, does that mean that if we give him a 10, he'd tear up the contract??

Product or Service Mentioned: Clay Cooley Trade-in.

Comments

PompousRagdoll

There is an ACTIVE lawsuit against this company...Would you like to tell your story?... Contact me for details at: adtsalesagent@gmail.com

to PompousRagdoll #1559024

I was scamed as well is the lawsuit still pending?

to A.K #1569665

Yes it's still in process. Contact me at adtsalesagent@gmail.com

PompousRagdoll

Are you interested in telling your story? I am contacting those who have been wronged by this company to see if I can be of assistance.

I HAVE HAD AND AWFUL EXPERIENCE WITH CLAY COOLEY MITUSBISHI IN ARLINGTON TX, I PURCHASED A CR DEC 4, 2013, AND IT WAS IN ACCIDENT ON JAN 18, TOTAL LOSS, INSURANCE PAID THE CAR OFF, I HAD GAP, AND TODAY IS APRIL 22, AND REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE HAS NOT RECEIVED THE GAP CANCELLATION FOR THIS CAR, AND I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO TALK TO A PERSON WHO DOES GAP CANCELLATIONS ON TODAY, AND HSE WAS SO RUDE, TOLD ME THAT SHSE WAS GOING TO OVER NIGHT THE CHECK TO REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE,THIS IS ON MY CREDIT REPORT, AND THEN DUMB ME, I WENT BACK AND BOUGHT A SECOND CAR. ON MARCH 26, 2014, AND SHORTLY AFTER THAT, I STARTED RECEIVING CALLS FROM THE SALESMEN TO COME TO THE DEALERSHIP THEY WERE GOING TO GO WITH ANOTHER BANK, SO I GO THERE ON APRIL 3, AND HE TELLS ME THAT I NEED 500.00 TO KEEP THE CAR, MIND YOU, I GOT THE CAR WITH ZERO DOWN, THERE HAD NEVER BEEN ANYTHING MENTIONED ABOUT NEEDING 500.00, SO I TOLD HIM LET ME GET ALL MY BELONGINGS OUT OF THE CAR, AND ALL HE SAID WAS IM SORRY. WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS ARE THESE PEOPLE RUNNING?

to Anonymous #809368

Contact me , I'm the Company Director named Kyle LeCrone in the note department. I can guide you in the right direction and speak with the floor manager at that location and assist you with any issues.

We just want happy customers!

214-986-8381 my personal cell phone number or 972-721-4300 ext# 7647. You can e-mail me as well klecrone@comeseeclay.com or contact Larry Hackett 214-727-0700 larry@comeseeclay