186 views
Verified Reviewer

Bought my new Nissan truck from Clay Cooley Nissan when they owned the dealership in South Austin back in Jan 2015. Paid $ 2,400 for an extended warranty on the vehicle. Clay Cooley sold the dealership to South Austin Nissan approximately a year later. When I inquired about cancelling my extended warranty on the vehicle in Dec 2019, I was informed by South Austin Nissan that their records showed "NO EXTENDED WARRANTY" for my truck and to call Clay Cooley Nissan in the Dallas area. Long story short - you guessed it - after about 30-40 frustrating phone calls, finally got through to Clay Cooley's corporate office and explained that I wanted to cancel the warranty, since (a) the new Nissan dealer had no record of the warranty, and (b) I don't live in the Dallas area to even get the vehicle worked on if I wanted to.

Needless to say, after 5 weeks, I still have not received a refund, not a penny. No communication what so ever from the dealer. Though I was charged $ 2400 for the extended warranty, I sincerely doubt now that I ever had it...dealer no doubt pocketed the money.

All I can say is that there is a certain place in *** for unscrupulous dealers like this. How they can stay in business and still keep their franchise from Nissan Motors of North America is beyond comprehension.

Will I ever see even a partial refund of my extended warranty? I doubt if I'll ever hear from the Clay Cooley corporate people ever again. But that's okay, I'll never buy another Nissan product ever again and I have the satisfaction of passing this complaint on to as many prospective car buyers as possible.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Clay Cooley Cons: Poor service and deceptive trade practices, Poor service and deceptive trade practice.

Comments

Here is an update on my situation: After several email requests for an update, I finally received a response from the "Cancellation Director, Clay Cooley Auto Group" on Jan 15, 2020. She replied with the following - verbatim: "We process requests in the order we receive them and are only just starting on requests received in December.

We try to advise customers that it can take 10-12 weeks for complete processing on the cancellation form because of the volume we receive here for all 18 dealerships. I apologize for not responding to your last email, I had it flagged to return to but haven’t gotten back to it yet this week." I first contacted them for a refund on Dec 4, 2019, so two full months have already passed. My response back to the Cancellation Director above was that I would patiently wait until the end of February. If I do not receive a refund, or a satisfactory response, by the end of this month (nearly 90 full days will have passed), then I plan on definitely following through with legal action against this dealer.

I am also considering other actions that involve state and federal agencies.

I don't believe I have ever dealt with a car dealership that has been so unresponsive and ridiculously time-consuming in my entire life. I sincerely warn prospective car buyers from purchasing an auto from this dealership - either shop out of town or from another dealer who has a better reputation for customer support.

Clay Cooley Reviews