2.5
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Schooled

As a recent graduate I decided a new Jeep was a great gift. I am an advocate of Nissan vehicles and wanted to give my favorite brand a chance. I researched and decided a Nissan Rogue was the best fit. Despite a rough previous experience, I decided to return to where I purchased my last four Nissans ( Xterra, two Quests, and Altima) at Clay Cooley Nissan Duncanville. An experience that should have been fun and exciting could not have been more unpleasant. Every single person I dealt with at this dealership either told intentional lies or failed to listen to meet my expectations. I arrived at the dealership to have my 2014 Altima serviced which was another issue. I decided to look at the Rogue as I waited for my car. I provided paperwork from Capital one for pre-approval on specific vehicles. My salesperson showed me a completely different model and explained that desired car from Capital One were “made up” prices. I explained to Al that I wanted the keyless push start and he AGAIN showed me a car that did not meet my expectations. By the time the Sales manager was pushing papers in my face I had two cars that did not meet my expectations. I continuously asked Al the salesman if there was a black Rogue with push start. He repeatedly said “you don’t want that because scathes will show and in the summer it will heat faster”. In all the going back and forth I was so confused to which model I was really dealing over. Needless to say I never saw the mysterious other car that fit what I was looking for nor did I get any pricing. The “mysterious discounts that I should have received never show up on any paperwork. I asked several times for the difference in cost but told that “they will go over that in financing”. I asked to get pricing for both cars to compare but was told “financing would go over this”. Financing is too late I thought. Then I even said I would come back on Saturday but was told my mom could cosign over the phone. HUH!!! Once in financing I was given the cost of the warranty and told “the sales manager should have went over that”. Three hours later, frustrated, car-less and hungry I should have left this unsatisfactory experience but I was worn down.

At one point my car in service was ready and I wanted to go over to check on it because there was an issue. Salesman told me “don’t worry about it. We will take care of it.” I told the salesman “please don’t let my car get locked up in the service department. They have done unnecessary work on my brakes and I need to talk to the manager.” Once again Al the salesman explained that “we will take care of you. Sit down.” Joke was on me because I found out that Service was closed and everyone was gone. My only vehicle was locked away with my keys. UPSETTING and it went way worse. Then the sales-manager said we will go over the payoff check s but he was gone before I was ushered into the finance office. The uneasiness in my gut should have been an indicator that the experience was getting worst. Three hours later I was in a financing room with my three kids and husband, no car and signing papers for a car that was missing features I really wanted in my New Nissan. I admit that I was worn down, hungry and distraught. I could not even leave the dealership if I wanted to because my car was locked away in service department. I was uncertain the actual pricing of the vehicle called my salesperson less than 8hours later, next day, I explained the pricing seemed to incorrect but I needed paper work to be sure. I was never connected to the finance department but salesperson explained that “it’s a contract. Nothing can be done”. Also told come get your old car whenever you can.

I felt that if the employees in both New Sales and Service Department would have listened this would have been a better experience. I have been faithful to Clay Cooley Nissan Duncanville and have sent a few family and friends to the dealership. This experience along with the last few visits to the service department have changed my perspective.

Three days later as I explained to the sales person and manager, my mother was in the market as well. We went to trophy Nissan. Not only did I get a referral fee but she left with a Nissan Altima. I should have read all the reviews. Happy Graduation gift, lesson learned and I am out of school!!!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Nissan rogue.

I didn't like: Car buying process, Transparent pricing.

Comments